Pages

Postcrossing - Everyone likes snail mail!



A year or so ago, I came across this awesome website, Postcrossing. At the time, I didnt have the space, material, or funds to get involved, but about a month ago I decided to check it out again.

Basically, its a way to connect with people all over the world, through postcards! You get a random user's address, and send them a card. When they receive your card they register it on the website, and then its your turn! Some other random user will get YOUR address, and send YOU a card! When you receive it, you register it so that they can now receive theirs! Its a lot of fun.

To start out, you can request up to five addresses at a time. I decided to start small and only requested two. One wound up being in Germany, and the other one in Russia! Too cool!

I decided that instead of buying one-size-fits-all postcards to send, I would create my own, personalized for the recipient! (I've blocked out all personal information in the photos for privacy)

The first one was for Frank in Germany. This is what I made him:

Front
Back
I was super excited to get to use some of the German that I learned in school! I was actually considering minoring in German, but I just don't have the time. :(

You can see the postcard's page here.

The other postcard I got to send was for Eva in Russia. This is what I made for her:

Front
Back
This one I obviously had to write in English. You can see this one's page here, and even leave me (and Eva) comments!



I also recently received some postcards! Click the image to go to that postcard's page.

From China
From Winniey in China
From Washington state
From Susan in Washington state
From Australia
From Megan in Australia

So far, I LOVE Postcrossing! Who doesnt like getting snail mail? Something other than bills anyway!!

If you're interested in doing a direct-swap with me, contact me from my profile!

No comments:

Post a Comment